Thank you for reaching out to learn more about the Malibu Emergency Relief Fund established by the Boys & Girls Club of Malibu.
We recognize this is a difficult time for our community as we work on recovery post the wildfire devastation.
The Malibu Emergency Relief Fund is designed to support our most vulnerable neighbors whose lives and livelihood are affected by the current wildfires in Southern California, specifically Malibu. We focus on families/ individuals with demonstrated, immediate emergency needs. Funds are intended to be used for immediate emergency relief, including interim housing, food, water, clothing, transportation, medical supplies or school materials, or other approved immediate needs. Additional criteria for recipients include providing the following information or documentation, to be collected and vetted by the Boys & Girls Club of Malibu:
- Proof of residency or employment in Malibu and the address of loss or damage
- Description of loss or damage
- Description of recipients benefitting from the funds
Funds are not eligible for rebuilding efforts.
Application Process: If you believe your needs meet the criteria of the Malibu Emergency Relief Fund, then we encourage you to apply by downloading and filling out the application below and emailing it back to us at email@example.com.
Once we receive your application and any supporting documentation* that can help demonstrate need, we will review the application as quickly as possible and respond with whether you have been approved for funding and how much.
*Supporting document includes (but is not limited to): bank statements, proof of no insurance, proof of loss of employment, proof of residence or association to unincorporated and Malibu City limits being defined by the geographic boundaries of the Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District.
1 – Download files
- Download – Fillable/locked microsoft application
For those to fill out on computer and email back
- Download – PDF version of application
For those who want to print/paper copy
- Download – White Sheet Emergency Relief BGCM
2 – Fill Out Application
3 – Send Back
Send back your application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency Relief Application form / Basic Intake form
- Copy of driver’s license / Government issued ID
- Proof of residence or association to unincorporated and Malibu City limits
Supporting Documentation (Must provide two or more):
- Verification of Employment and Loss of Income form
- Proof of State Disaster Unemployment Application
- Proof of FEMA Application
- Bank statement
- Utility bill
- Proof of no insurance
- Photos of lost or damaged property
Malibu City limits Map